Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage SC-2, $28Laura Mercier - Second Skin Cheek Colour - Soft Clove 3.6g/0.13oz, $32Laura Mercier - Eye Colour Coffee Ground (Matte), $30Amazon.com: Laura Mercier Undercover Pot UC-2: Beauty, $34Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer - #6 2.2g/0.08oz, $30Laura Mercier - Eye Basics - Linen 5.1g/0.18oz, $28Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve 0.8 oz, $6Mario Badescu Glycolic Eye Cream, $20Neutrogena -Oil-Free Moisture SPF 35, $11
i've been thinking about sharing my arsenal of beauty products for some time now because i love them so much! on weekends, i rarely wear makeup, but every weekday i use each of these products.
since the winters in chicago are so cold, moisturizing is a necessity. the best lip balm by far is smith's rosebud salve - in the tin, not the tube. it leaves a pretty sheen, without being greasy, so i usually don't wear lip gloss or lipstick over it. neutrogena's oil free spf moisturizer is the best for my sensitive-yet-combination skin.
as you'll see, i use several products to mask dark circles, so a moisturizing, healing eye cream is a must for me. i'm a huge fan mario badescu products and love trying out the numerous eye creams. right now i'm using the chamomile cream and it's divine.
my makeup regimen:
1. my makeup routine always starts with using an eyelash curler. i have long eyelashes, but unfortunately, they're stick straight. i've tried dozens of eyelash curlers and shu uemura's is the best.
2. since i was "blessed" with dark circles, i focus most of my makeup attention to the eye area. laura mercier is my go-to brand for makeup and i love her for making such great concealer. after applying eye cream, i put on the rosy-colored "secret" concealer, which provides a base for the "undercover" concealer. it seems strange to put a pink color under your eyes, but i promise it works. i then apply the undercover concealer by blending both colors in the pot and then dab the finishing powder that screws off the bottom portion.
3. the eye basics is a cream applied to the lids that can serve as a base for eyeshadow or to brighten the eye, which is what i use it for.
4. the secret concealer is for any blemishes or unevenness. it's a hugely popular product because it conceals so well!
5. i then apply the "coffee ground" eye shadow as an eyeliner with an angled brush. it gives good definition but eyeshadow has a softer look than traditional eyeliner.
6. maybelline's mascara is ranked #1 for a reason. by far the best i've used to give length and volume without clumping.
7. i usually finish off with a dash of blush high on the cheekbones for a healthy glow!
wow, okay, that looks like a lot, but i promise it doesn't take more than 10 minutes! anyway, hope i inspired you to try a new product or two! what are your favorite beauty staples? anything, i have to try?