Over the course of six years I worked in a bridal boutique therefore have a complete love for the design, texture, and character of wedding dresses. I tend to lean toward whimsical dresses (the more delicate lace detail the better) so, you can understand why I was drawn to these beautiful spring 2013 collection pieces.
Since my days of selling gorgeous gowns I've moved on, like many twenty-somethings, to being in weddings--June will mark the fourth wedding in nine months! In being a part of these special days I quickly developed a list of wedding must haves. With these must haves in mind, I decided to share with you my list of top ten unsung wedding essentials to help create the perfect day!
1. Fashion Tape- These double-sided adhesive wonders can ensure even the most ill fitting dress stays put throughout the course of the day, and well into the evening.
2. Healthy Snack- On such a busy day eating can quickly be overlooked. Packing a healthy snack (I love anything Mrs. May's) in your prep bag will ensure you have the energy needed for your memorable day.
3. Seam Ripper- Sounds extreme, I know, but having a tool available to let out or adjust an alternation can be a lifesaver!
4. Large Safety Pins- With all of the dancing that accompanies a wedding there's always a chance of a broken bustle. While not the most beautiful option, having large safety pins available can be crucial!
5. Straws- Avoid spills and messing up your freshly applied lipstick while staying hydrated--this goes hand-in-hand with your healthy snack!
6. Fabric Scissors- For those pesky loose strings and anythings else that pops out of place. Trust me, you always need scissors.
7. iPod- Help set the mood for your joyful occasion with music. This is a day you'll never forget, so be sure to have a unforgettable playlist ready to go!
8. Moleskin- As a dancer this was my best friend when it came to avoiding blisters. A wedding day inevitably means a lot of new shoes, therefore the potential for sore spots. Moleskin will outlast a band-aid and adds a bit more cushiony comfort.
9. Temporary Hem Tape- Although a quick whip stitch is ideal, sometimes you need a fast fix for a fallen hem (rented tux pants are notorious for this!).
10. Hand Wipes- These are SO helpful, especially with all of the makeup that will be in use.
I hope you enjoyed the gorgeous dresses and wedding day tips! Thanks so much for having me, Ashley! xo, Holly