My friend, Aravinda, who writes fabulous foodie blog Linguini and Colette, came over this weekend to help me improve the cake batter balls I first made for the mr.'s 30th birthday. The originals were good, but the consistency wasn't quite right, so we decided to recreate the recipe.
We used this recipe as a starting point, but made a few tweaks with ingredients and directions. The result was delicious!
No-bake cake batter balls
· 1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1/2 cup flour
· 1 cup yellow cake mix (dry)
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· 2 oz. white dipping chocolate
1. Beat together butter and sugar, using an electric mixer, until combined. Blend in vanilla. Add cake mix, flour, and blend thoroughly, until dough is crumbly.
2. Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment- or wax paper- lined cookie sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
3. After dough balls are chilled, melt dipping chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted. Stir between intervals. Dip into melted chocolate to coat all sides, and return to cookie sheet. Top with sprinkles. Repeat with remaining balls until finished.
4. Chill in the refrigerator until serving. Makes around 15-20 cake balls.
Click here to download recipe card!