hi friends, i have another healthy, grain-free recipe for you today! when i stumbled upon this herb cracker recipe, i knew i had to try it.
these crackers make for a great snack with with cheese or dip, but honestly, they can stand on their own. i've been packing them in our lunches for work and both the mr. and i love them.
you can use any herbs you have on hand, but let me tell you, you won't regret the fresh rosemary. i'm also really loving the penzey's garden salad seasoning; i use it on my kale chips, but it's perfect for this recipe.
we like our crackers thin and crispy and by rolling the dough extremely thin, it goes a long way. i was able to make about 25 large crackers - double that if you prefer a smaller cracker and/or you're making these for a child.
a few tips for you:
err on the side of rolling the dough extremely thin if you want a crispy cracker. if you leave the dough 1/2 inch or thicker, the texture becomes chewy.
save the dough you cut off the ends because you'll be able to make about 6-10 more crackers from the extra.
don't be afraid to over-bake; it's virtually impossible with this recipe. to test the texture, carefully tap on the top of a cracker with your fingernail. if the cracker gives, bake until hard.
paleo rosemary crackers
· 2 cups almond flour or meal
· 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary (chopped)
· ½ tbsp. vegetable seasoning
· ½ tsp. sea salt
· 2 tbsp. water
· 1 egg white
· 1 tbsp. olive oil
· ¼ tbsp. butter or coconut oil (melted)
1. preheat oven to 350°F. in a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, and herbs.
2. in a separate bowl, whisk water, egg white, olive oil, and butter.
3. add wet ingredients to dry. stir until combined and stiff dough forms.
4. place dough on counter, between two sheets of parchment paper. roll until very thin and cut off uneven ends with a pizza cutter. use cutter to make cracker-sized squares.
5. remove top layer of parchment paper and transfer layer with dough to baking sheet. bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy. cool for 10 minutes and crackers should easily snap apart.
click here for printable recipe card!