since we just celebrated our one year wedding anniversary, i wanted to take a minute to reflect on our first year of marriage and what i've learned.
in no particular order:
1. marriage really does take work...
2. but it's totally worth it.
3. it's really fun to celebrate a whole bunch of "firsts," like your first Christmas as a married couple.
4. even if you feel ready for it, marriage is an adjustment, and it takes some negotiation and time to settle into it.
5. being married makes you feel kinda grown up...
6. and people treat you like you're more grown up too.
7. saying "husband" feels strange for a long time...
8. but i like the way "wife" sounds when he says it.9. you realize you have a blank slate to build and shape your little family so it's what both of you want.
10. it's important to grow together, but just as important to grow as individuals.
11. i'm proud to wear my rings and i love seeing a wedding band on his hand.
12. not everyone will respect your marriage; it's your job to protect and honor it.
13. it's important to treasure these early, quiet, simple days.